Wednesday 5 August 2009

Portobello Market

The last time I went to Portobello Market, I was still at uni and I think halfway through, it started raining so we left without early... I remembered it being quite fun so when Nav asked what we should do on a nice sunny Saturday, I suggested Portobello Market...

I also had a cravings for roti canai that weekend and there is a Malay Malaysian restaurant there called Makan Cafe which I remembered was quite nice...

It was quite fun and there were lots of interesting little stalls to explore... from selling delicious strawberries, to posters, clothes, toiletries, paella, cheese, olive oil, pan cakes, deep fried seafood, antiques and etc... you name it, they got it... kinda reminds me of pasar malam!!! hahaha... I used to love pasar malams when I was young...





But the highlight of my little outing was CUPCAKES... haha... actually, I was just looking for the cupcakes that one of my directors told me about... he said that they were really good although a little bit pricey... I was actually expecting a little food stall... but when I asked around passerby who were eating these cute little cupcakes, I was directed to the Hummingbird Bakery!!!



I didn't realise that it is a proper bakery, and one that is supposedly quite famous for their cupcakes!!! I mean the queues were like... super long outside the bakery just to buy their cupcakes...



Aaaaaawwwww.... don't they look so pretty and cute???




And... their best selling red velvet cupcakes... they were so popular that they had a cake version of it as well!!!



Well... to be kiasu... I queued up as well... just to see how good their cupcakes were... I bought 4 different types to try out... I quite like the peanut butter and black bottom ones... but they do come with a pricey tag... just 4 of these cost me £7!!!





Oh well... it was an experience... and at least I did something different on a Saturday afternoon!!!




No comments: