Friday 29 December 2006

Christmas...

Since I have the time now, might as well blog about my Christmas weekend:

Friday

We had minced-pies, champagne and Secret Santa around noon at the office. This colleague of mine actually dressed up as a Santa Claus to give out pressies! Haha... he did look quite funny because he's usually not fat.
Got off work at noon to start the weekend on a high note!

Saturday

Woke up to say good-bye to my flatmates who are going off for their ski trip. (Heeheehee... the whole house to myself for the week. Peace ^-^)

Finally dragging myself out of the bed, I went out for dim sum with the guys and to complete our groceries shopping for the big Christmas dinner. It was like war-zone in Tesco when everyone was fighting for food and stocking up for the weekend. My my... kiasu people!! Shelves were emptying every minute that we had to make our way to Waitrose as well as there were no chicken left in Tesco! Imagine...absolutely NO chicken...

It was a good thing that I was going to a friend's place for dinner that night. Don't think I can manage cooking after that exhausting ordeal! Went to Phil's place, which is by Surrey Water for a pre-Christmas gathering. He was doing the cooking and helped by Albert's girlfriend (heeheehee... Albert was so proud when everyone said her cooking was good... it goes back to the saying that the best way to a man's heart is through his stomach!! Hahaha)

However, the highlight of the night was karaoke. Yes, Phil has a karaoke system at home and with the number of music videos that he has, it brings fond memories of Red Box at home... sigh... I do miss karaoke!! (Even though my singing sucks, I still like singing... muahaha to torture everyone with my horrible and out of tune singing!!:P)

Sunday

Christmas Eve!! Happy Birthday Yuni (hehe.. I know it's over but still...) Big day as I'm supposed to be cooking a Christmas dinner for 12!! Started preparing for the food since 2pm! (Actually, it's the night before as I was making the tiramisu at 2am in the morning after my dinner!!) Although it was hard work... it was still fun to see everyone enjoying the food... :)


The tiramisu that I made for the Christmas dinner. Cute?? :)

After dinner, we started playing some drinking games (as usual... how can we not play drinking games when Kar Teck is around?? :P) But this time... we have a casualty... yes, Chong Hoe was so drunk that he puke in the living room!! Ouch... and we spent the rest of the night cleaning up... A night to remember though as Chong Hoe was really funny when he was drunk... I think I can add his antics to my list of “When you are drunk...”

Monday

Christmas Day but there's no transport at all. No tube and no buses. So, we ended up playing mahjong and card games at Kar Teck's place. All I can say is that Lady Luck wasn't with me. I lost when we were playing mahjong and even during Bridge. Sigh... not a terribly exciting Christmas but it was good fun to play mahjong again though we had to make do with our rectangle instead of square table! :P

Tuesday

Boxing Day = Shopping Day!! We made plans to meet at 8.30am to shop... Hey... that's early in my opinion for a holiday!! But, no... everyone else was even more kiasu than us... by the time we reached, Oxford Circus was already packed with people who were queuing up since 6am!!! What????


Ended up queuing for 40 mins at River Island, 30 mins at Mango and 20 mins at Zara. By the end of the day, I'm exhausted and a had a dent in my wallet!! Too exhausted to even go ice-skating at Somerset House. That will have to wait!

No comments: