Monday 8 January 2007

New Year's Resolutions

I'm usually not one who makes new year's resolutions. I guess it's partially because I know if I start making them, the list would be endless but it's also partially because circumstances change over time. I mean over the year, my views on things change as each day pass due to the different events in my life.

But, over the last week... each time I meet someone, the first exchange would be greetings for the new year and then it would be followed by asking me what new year's resolutions I've made. I know, I know... it's just out of politeness that they are asking and probably for conversation sake, but I'm getting a bit irritated with the question.

Do I really need to make resolutions just because it's new year? I don't know... perhaps I should start my resolution-making process with a resolution to make resolutions each year??

Oh well... I guess that's a start somewhat...

But to be honest, at times... I don't even know what I want... and at other times, I'm not sure whether what I want is what I should want or whether it is right for me to want certain things. Sigh, I guess I'm not making any sense... so, perhaps my first resolution for 2007 is to sort out certain mess in my life and get back on track. I believe that I DO know what I want ultimately (I hope!!!). It's just that sometimes I get distracted.

Anyway, if you are one of those people who make new year's resolutions every year and keep to them faithfully, good for you!!!


No comments: