Tuesday 30 January 2007

Hong Kong (Part 3)

Went to Causeway Bay for another day of shopping cum sight-seeing. Felt a bit bad for Li Heng as he must be SUPER bored following Clare and I around shopping. Esprit and G2000 stuff in Hong Kong are really cheap!!! We also went for "finger food" such as fish balls, sharks fin soup, fried pig intestines etc on top of having dinner at Hong Kong style "char chan teng".


Red Box karaoke!! How I miss that!!



Times Square in Causeway Bay. It may not be as huge as the one in New York, but it's still quite a nice place to shop around!


And of course, how can we not have "tong sui" desserts for supper!! This is life - to be able to eat at anytime you want!



And the classic chilled mango sago but this time, with bird's nest in it!

Ngong Ping 360 is a new tourist attraction in Hong Kong. There's a cable car service to bring us from Tung Chung Bay to Lantau Island. The Ngong Ping village is desined to reflect and maintain the cultural and spiritual bits of Hong Kong as there is where the big Tian Tan Buddha statue is situated. And Lantau Island is the largest and probably least polluted area in Hong Kong!! Yes, unfortunately Hong Kong is really polluted... that's really one of the bad side of this city...


The ride on the cable car where we were supposed to be able to experience spectacular 360 degree panoramic views over the Lantau Country Park, the South China Sea, Hong Kong International Airport and the Big Buddha. Unfortunately, the weather was really foggy that 10 mins into the ride, we were surrounded with fog and mist that we couldn't see anything!


I tried my best! Guess you'll have to use some imagination to make out the Big Buddha.

At the Po Lin Monastery, we thought we'll make some donations. Turned out that our small donation of a mere HKD 20 gave us so much snacks!!!

Got up early in the morning to have dim sum and yum cha to send off Li Heng. It's been a long time since I had yum cha with Clare and Li Heng... really miss those Sundays when we would all go to Floating Lotus for dim sum!!

Another of my favourites - XO sauce fried radish cake!! Yummy!!


More dim sum - siu mai, black beans ribs, beef balls and fried yam.

After Li Heng left, it was pretty much shopping, shopping and shopping. Yours truly was too busy shopping that I completely forgotten to take any pictures. I now have a big dent in my bank account but what can I say? I'm a shopaholic and I can't resist a good bargain or a shopping marathon. I went to Hong Kong with an empty suitcase and came home with a full one!!!

And I also met up with friends and relatives to tick off the things on my to do list.

The Hong Kong connection - Andy (Finance) Wong, Clare, me and CJ

An afternoon tea-break during my shopping marathons!!

Well, as the saying goes : I left nothing but footprints and took nothing but memories. Hahaha.. okay and maybe on top of that a lot of shopping and a lot poorer!! :P

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, looks like you did so much in HK. Really really good trip. U have to stop putting those delicious looking food pics up. I'm really hungry now.