Sunday 7 October 2007

Random jottings

I'm finally free from exams! (well, at least for the time being! :P). It's really a great feeling to not have it nagging at the back of my mind all the time... and it's good to just enjoy what life have to offer.

I made an important decision this week. I don't know whether it's the right decision or not, but I'm determined not to regret this decision. I hope that I have the will power to stick to this decision. I don't know what is waiting for me around the corner, but if I don't even try to turn around... I'll never find out... a step, no matter how small will hopefully get me there... (I hope!).

Have been really busy at work. Hope I'm not losing sight of the big picture by trying to balance so many eggs at the same time. But I'm glad to be busy, it's always good to have interesting things to do and even better if it's challenging (although it can be frustrating sometimes when the model just don't seem to be doing what I think it should be!)

Finally, I managed to cross some of the items on my to-do-list which is more than a few months old... because I've been pushing it back due to the exams.

And last but not least, I want to make a resolution (yes, I know it's not new year... but let's just say that it's a birthday resolution!) to be more positive and optimistic. Sure, many people would say that I've got a lot to be happy about and to be optimistic about... It's good that people believe in me on what they think that I can achieve in life, but I have my share of doubts and insecurities... and I know I have been very pessimistic in the past (although that doesn't mean that I don't try or simply give up)... it just means that I tend to thread more cautiously and always try to mentally prepare myself for the worse case scenario... but I want that to change now... I want to embrace life more open-mindedly... and that includes believing in the endless opportunities out there and that happiness is not too far away.

Okay, I think I should stop rambling... it's 3am in the morning. I should stop and go to bed. I think I'm not making any sense anymore! So... Good night!

Tomorrow will be a better day! :)

No comments: