Wednesday 13 February 2008

The iron

The household chore that I hate the most is IRONING. I hate having to iron my work clothes, but at the same time I couldn't possibly wear a crumpled shirt to work... I'll procrastinate as much as I could to avoid having to iron them... this include not wearing them for a start, but sometimes, I also try to hide the crumpled shirt by wearing a sweater, suit or cardigan over it...

Ever since my mum left (which was early November!), I've managed to avoid this dreadful chore... but now that I've run out of ironed shirts to wear and it gets to a point whereby I'm also running out of sweaters or cardigans to wear over the shirts... I had to face THE IRON.

Since I've managed to get out of work early in the last two days, I thought I shall start tackling this challenge...

BUT......

NO......

THE IRON is out to play tricks on me....

It's no longer working!!!!
It heats up for a minute and then goes cold for at least 10 minutes... how am I supposed to iron anything with it?????

I tried changing to another electricity socket and even changing the fuse... but to no avail... it simply doesn't want to work... it's the IRONING CURSE!


So, there... I did try but the IRON wasn't co-operating...


Determined not to give up so easily, I went over to dear old Tesco to buy the most expensive iron that they have in stock (yes, I know... the most expensive doesn't always mean it's more reliable... but I'm getting desperate here...)


Behold... my brand new IRON...


And this time, nothing will stop me...

I achieved a record of my own.... for... I SPENT THE WHOLE EVENING IRONING... I think I've ironed at least 15 shirts and 8 skirts!

That should keep me going for another month or so before it gets too warm for me to wear any cardigan or sweater over my shirts!

No comments: