Wednesday 6 February 2008

Pineapple Tarts

Don't ask me how I got myself into this... but somehow... I was persuaded to make pineapple tarts for Chinese New Year... I know... why would you make them when you can easily buy them off the shelves?

Well anyway... what goes into making pineapple tarts? First of all... prepare the pineapples of course!



After cutting the pineapples into cubes, we put the pineapples into the blender to shred them up... Then, it's cooking the pineapples with its juices and sugar... It sounds really simple, but it took us ages to cook the pineapples until it achieves the consistency and stickiness required!



While waiting for the pineapples to cook... we moved on to make the dough for the tarts. This is just a simple mixture of butter, sugar, eggs and flour. The only problem? We couldn't find a large enough mixing bowl! Whenever we used the hand mixer, the dough would fly everywhere around the kitchen! In the end... we had to use the soup pot as our mixing bowl as it was the only thing in the kitchen that was deep enough!



Once the pineapples and dough were ready... it's time to actually make the tarts... well, he wanted to make tarts with pineapple fillings inside... while I thought that placing the pineapple fillings on top was a much better idea...




Hence, we made two different batches of tarts... mine and his... what do you think? I reckon mine is a lot prettier and nicer! hahaha.... :P

I have to admit that initially, the whole making-your-own-pineapple-tarts-thing seemed to be a good idea and I was actually having fun....



BUT...



Once you start repeating the whole process and making batches after batches to feed about 15 people... it's no longer fun... at the end of the night, I was truly extremely exhausted... yes, we actually made pineapple tarts from daylight to night fall! It almost felt like a whole day's worth of work at the office!


This is my first time making the tarts... would it also turn out to be the last?????


No comments: