Wednesday 12 March 2008

Forgetfulness

I'm probably one of the most forgetful person that you'll ever meet. I can't even remember the number of times I have left something behind.

The list includes scarves, hand phones, t-shirts, ear-rings, gloves, wallets, credit cards, tickets, oyster cards, etc.

I think as long as the item is not attached to me, I have a very high probability of leaving it behind.

And today, I can add a new item to my long list.

I left my keys hanging on my locker in the office............

And I only realised that when I reached home, stranded below my flat as I didn't have my keys with me to open the door.

To add to my woes, since I live alone and the only other spare key is well.... in my flat.... so, it meant that I had to travel all the way back to the office to retrieve the keys in order to have somewhere to sleep tonight!

I'm lucky that my office is only 10 minutes away.... and not an hour away! Imagine if I live out of London!

I shudder at that thought.... and more than ever, I'm convinced that one day.... I'll end up leaving my child behind.... (if I ever have one... because maybe it's a good idea not to have one so that I'll never lose the child!)

No comments: