Wednesday 20 August 2008

Bidding Farewell to SUMMER...

Well... I think it's time to bid farewell to SUMMER 2008... (in London at least!) The weather has deteriorated over the last few weeks... and we're experiencing more rain and wind...

And what better than a BBQ to cape it off nicely??

This time, since I'm around I took on the task to marinate and prepare the food... too bad we didn't manage to go to Billingsgate market to get seafood... but oh well... it was a last minute idea!





Thought I'll mention some of the interesting stuff that we have... first we have the kebab style streaky slices courtesy of Karen... then we have the sweet chili and hoisin sauce pork ribs... and my favourites... the chicken wings... I did an experiment this time to make 3 different types of chicken wing... coriander with olive oil, black pepper teriyaki and honey glazed chicken wings!!!



Getting ready for the big cookout...



And introducing our Master Chef for the evening... Peter Tan! Hehehe... he pretty much did all the grilling...





Everyone enjoying themselves, soaking the last bit of summer that we have...




And oooh... I forgot to take pictures before I wrapped them up... sambal sting ray and garlic mushroom...





Till the next time... Goodbye Summer!! I'll miss you!!!




No comments: