Saturday 4 July 2009

Plans

When I was younger, I used to have all these plans and knew exactly what I wanted... back then when everyone around me was still unsure, I had everything planned out... I had plans to obtain a scholarship, to study at LSE, to work and live in London, to be an actuary, to have my own flat etc...

But somehow... these days while everyone around me seem to have a plan, be it to get married, to have a baby, to change jobs, to change industry, to move to Hong Kong/Beijing/Ireland/Singapore etc, to take a sabbatical break, to leave London, to pack their bags and go home...... for the first time in a very very long time, I don't have any plans at all...

Have I stop to desire for new challenges? Have I grown so comfortable in my own little bubble that I don't feel the need to plan anymore? Have I driven out all my enthusiasm in my quests for all the plans that I have made in the past??

Why is it that I don't feel compelled to plan for something??

After all, I have been in the same country for the last 7 years, in the same job and the same company for the last 4 years, lived in the same area for the last 3 years...

Am I afraid?

Am I lost?

Am I tired?

Am I getting old?

Or am I really that happy and satisfied with what I have now?




2 comments:

stranger said...

at least maybe u are contented with where u are now... so u don't feel compelled to take the next step yet.

i don't even know where i want to go. boo.

steph said...

yea, i agree with yuni. that feeling of security is really something that many don't have. and it's not fun to stand at the crossroad and not know what to do next/tomorrow :(