Wednesday 7 February 2007

Reflections on a snowy night...

When I first came to the UK, I was told that it hasn't been snowing in London for the past 10 years. But surprisingly, ever since then, it snowed every year!! I'm quite sure that I don't have the great powers to bring snow to London... so I'll just take it as a gesture of welcome by the British weather. Hmm... without realising it, I've already been in this foreign country for more than 4 years now.

Have I enjoyed myself throughout these 4 years?

Well, I guess there are good memories as well as memories which are best forgotten or left hidden in the closet.

I've also changed a lot since then. I can say that I'm no longer the person that I was when I first arrived in London. Can't say it's for the best or for the worse... but I guess we all do grow up in a way.

I have learnt to accept that life is like the British weather - it's unpredictable. Just when you think that the spring warmth has arrived, another cold spell knocks at your door. So just when I think that things are going well, I have been splashed with cold disappointments. But not all is lost, because just as spring and summer will eventually come, I'm convinced that I'll be able to survive and be happy! (*crossing my fingers*)

Hmm.. not sure why but the snow and cold always seems to be making me melancholy and emotional!! I blame it on the lack of sunlight!!

Think I'll take a walk down the memory lane while I'm still at it:

Snow at Hyde Park not too long after I arrived in London. A good 4 years ago! Am I getting old here??

Heavier snow this time! Remember that I was stranded halfway home as the bus couldn't move and had to ask CJ to come and rescue me. However, this picture was only taken the morning after from my room's window of our old backyard, so the damage doesn't look that severe.


This morning, when I woke up my balcony was frosted but no snow yet.

The weather forecast for tonight is heavy snow. I missed the snow two weeks ago as I was in Hong Kong then. It would be nice to wake up with a balcony full of white snow although that will mean it's going to be a long and cold night!! Brrrr...


1 comment:

carr0ts said...

you sure look so much younger in that photo at Hyde Park..