Thursday 17 May 2007

Oozing with Malaysian vibes

Was at a 2-day professionalism / business awareness course as part of the Institute of Actuaries qualification requirements.

Don't worry, I'm not going to talk about what the professional conduct standards are, the legal implications of not fulfilling my fiduciary duties or my responsibilities to serve the public interest... not going to bore anyone of you with it!!

What I want to mention here is that... even after many years studying and working out of Malaysia... I have not lost my roots...

PROOF:

Countless other people who were attending the same course asked me whether I am a Malaysian within 3 exchange of sentences.

And following that, they will exclaim that I sound EXACTLY like the Malaysian colleague/friend/actuary/tourist that they have/met.

I guess it's because of my Manglish...

It may not be a big deal to others but I'm proud to say that I'm oozing with Malaysian vibes even it may not be for the best reasons!! :)

No comments: