Thursday 17 May 2007

Yuni's visit

Lil' sis came over to visit me last weekend! Haven't seen her for quite some time, so it was really good to see her! (Miss you leh, Yuni Miyake!! :P)


I was really excited before she arrived and even came up with an itenary for her 4-day visit... BUT in the end, I guess I was quite a poor host... (sorry eh.. Yuni)


The first item on my itenary was to bring her to Cambridge since she haven't been out of London yet and I've not been there myself... however, my good intentions were useless... I made the mistake of thinking we could take the train from London Bridge (it's Liverpool Street instead!!), we did not arrive at Cambridge early enough, the weather was gloomy and raining everytime we stepped outdoors and many of the colleges were closed as it's the exams period! Sigh...

I guess everyone else concluded that it was not the best time to visit Cambridge except ME! So we ended up having the whole train to ourselves...

Nevertheless, I have to admit that this old little English town does have it charms... it's really picturesque!


The famous punting in Cambridge!


Us on the river cruise tour... hehe... was too lazy to punt myself! And I didn't think Yuni could do it.. hehe... :P

SIGH... It's the bridge of sigh... I need one outside my house!!

This is the castle where they filmed Harry Porter! It's the Hogwarts grounds in the movie...

Canary Wharf views from my flat! I'll miss this view...

The rain and gloom stayed on for the rest of Yuni's stay and to make matter worse, we always woke up so late that we couldn't accomplish much for the rest of the day! (Sorry again, Yuni...) but at least, we managed to squeeze in good food like Penang Prawn Mee, Nasi Lemak, Sushi and Dim Sum... not to mention shopping, karaoke and souvenirs for her friends... AND briefly covered some famous London landmarks...

Tower Bridge along River Thames... most tourists assume that it's THE famous London Bridge but sadly... London Bridge is merely an ugly grey bridge... hehehe..

Ooh... this is the first time they open up Tower Bridge to let ships to pass WHILE I'm on the bridge!!

My sis was a quite frustrated with this guy whom we asked to take a picture for us. Reasons?

1. His friend wanted to be in the picture for reasons only known to himself

2. She wanted the whole church.. and the result... you can see for yourself... what church?

3. You can even see his thumb on the top left hand corner!

County Hall and the partially hidden London Eye! Tried to get a shot by placing the camera on the sidewalk... which failed miserably...


And finally, the famous Royal China Lobster Noodle!

It was really a pleasure to have lil sis around... It's something that I can never put a price tag on so I hope she DID have some fun in the end...


No comments: