Tuesday 13 November 2007

Mimi's and Yuni's visit

The last time Mimi and Yuni came to visit me was Christmas in 2005... this time round, Mimi said that she wanted to come earlier to avoid the cold... but unfortunately for her... the weather in London was still quite cold!

That aside, I hope she had a more enjoyable time this year as I have my own flat now, so she doesn't have to stay in the room all day! Though I felt a bit guilty that I had to work late most of the time when she was around! (Sorry Mimi...)

But I've still managed to bring them for KTV on a Friday night and we had loads of fun singing at the top of our lungs... hehehe... and we also went shopping and had loads of good food!

Yuni and her favourite Har Mee and teh tarik at C&R Chinatown.. every time she comes to London, she wants to have it!

And since all 3 of us love Japanese food, thought we'll go and feast with sushi at Ten Ten Tei... just love the fresh salmon with wasabi!

I also brought them to Yautcha, this posh Chinese-dim-sum-French-patisserie-fusion-restaurant... Guess on most occasions the Chinese and French don't mix well... but I guess this one does since it's so packed and you've gotta make reservations in advance even when its prices are not cheap!


Some of the dim sum that we have...

Mine you, the fried carrot cake is really good... and even the siu mai was so juicy and tender with fresh scallops... yum yum... and the shanghai dumplings was just perfect with its soup inside...

Here, they serve tea per pot and you can't refill water like in the normal Chinese restaurant... heheh.. so cannot be kiam sap and share tea.... :P


Their wonderful selection of pastries and cakes... sweet tooth anyone?

Both Mimi and Yuni wanted to take pictures around London... but with the gray weather... and rain... this is what you get...

Outside Piccadilly Circus



And oooh... by chance, we found out that TPT in Chinatown serves really good Crab Porridge...

The porridge comes in a super large bowl for just a mere £13 leh.. and the crabs in there are really huge... because they fry the crabs first... it was really tasty...

Apart from eating out and shopping a lot... it was really wonderful to have my Mimi around... when I come home from work... I have dinner ready and someone to chat while having dinner... then can watch movie with her... or go groceries shopping with her...

And I even get all the nutritious stuff like Bird's Nest and Ginseng soup!!! My my... she's really spoiling me :)

Not to mention, she also helps me to do a whole lot of stuff at home like ironing (which I absolutely hate)...

Including fixing the hot and cold water tap in my kitchen... which completely amazes all my friends...

Only a mother can come up with all these superb ideas...

And only my Mimi will always take care of me regardless of how old I am...

The best mother in the whole wide world!

I miss my Mimi already...

No comments: