Sunday 25 November 2007

Bad habits

"...Breaking bad habits is like breaking up with a slutty girlfriend; you'll be bored and lonely at first but you'll cherish the long-term benefits. These bad habits are unfortunately always a consequence of deeper problems; they are just a way of venting accumulated unhappiness or stress..."

"...While they usually serve an immediate purpose, they bring their load of troubles that will burden you in the end. If you're tired of these dreadful quirks and want to lead a new life, you'll need to break these habits..."

Over the last 25 years, I've accumulated an assortment of bad habits. There are some which are not as destructive as others... but some, let's just say that it's severe. It's making me turn into someone that I'm not happy to be, as well as making me a less happy person.

It's time to try and start breaking these bad habits but it ain't going to be easy... after all, if it is... it wouldn't be classified as bad habits...

I'm usually quite strong willed and stubborn (if I weren't I wouldn't be labelled as hostile and defensive...) but somehow I only manage to apply it to certain aspects of my life... I need to start from the root of the problem... After all, bad habits are only a symptom, so I need to fix the problem at the source such that there won't be any need to continue doing it.

I really want to make a change this time. True, it'll be difficult and I really hope that I don't wiltered in the heat of the moment... Wish me luck! And hopefully, sooner or later... you'll see the new, happier and better me! :)

No comments: