Saturday 12 April 2008

Pamper me, please!

After working really hard for the last few months, felt that it's time to reward myself and indulge in a little pampering!

So, Sook Leen and I booked ourselves a spa weekend break over the Easter bank holidays at Moddershall Oaks...

The word "SPA" is derived from the Latin words "AQUA PER SANA" which means health through water...

The Moddershall Oaks is located close to Stoke on Trent, right in the heart of the countryside... it has wonderful grounds with lush of greenery! The tranquility of the location was really great... and the beautiful scenery made me felt as though I was transported somewhere else... far far away from the dirt, grime and stress of the city!

We eased ourselves into the luxury retreat with a country walk around the spa grounds...


And no one does it better than Sook Leen in soaking up the refreshing air! hehehe....


In addition to the scenery, the interior of the place was also fantastic. The serenity and simplicity of the oriental design within Moddershall Oaks was relaxing and allowed us to unwind in surroundings of gracious beauty!

It brings a whole new meaning of staying in style!


Once we checked into our rooms, we changed into our complimentary robes to explore the spa...



They have a good range of spa facilities including the jacuzzi and hydrotherapy pool, reflexology foot baths, swimming pool, sauna, steam room, experience shower and heated marble loungers.

That say, I have to admit that spa that I went to last year at Pennyhill Park for my company's Away Day was larger and have a wider range of spa experience...

Nevertheless, we had a great time unwinding and rejuvenating ourselves with the facilities available!


The spa package came complete with dinner, breakfast and lunch throughout our stay. We just have to turn up and meals would be ready! It was great to have 2-course meals served while chatting and gossiping over dinner... and later while watching DVDs in our room at night, we were sipping on fragrance tea and munching on strawberries and blueberries! hehehe.... well, we tried to be healthy! :P

And of course, how can a spa break be complete without treatments? I indulged myself with a Dermalogica facial which was supposed to combine exfoliation, energising massage techniques and masque to give me noticeably firmer, smoother and revived skin wor....


Since I was in the mood to pamper myself, I also went for a french manicure... how does my pink little pretty nails look? hahaha....

I had a really good time at the spa... but I think it's addictive!! I can't wait for the next time to pamper myself again! :)


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sl: Great montage of pics! They should pay you for advertisement!

stranger said...

i want to go also!!! :D

sh@n said...

Hehe.. Sookie, did you get the pictures?

Yuni, next time you come to London, we book a spa trip and go together okies??