Tuesday 29 April 2008

WFTP

Working From The Pub.

Yes, that's what my colleagues and I did on Monday when the power supply was cut off from our office buildings!

Apparently, over the weekend, somehow the workmen from the construction of our new building nearby has managed to burst the main water pipe and flooded the area... the electricity cables were also affected and power supply to the area was cut off... (suspiciously, the building nearby which was affected most was none other than our dear competitor, which ended up with a basement full of dirty murky water! Oooopps...)

When we came in on Monday morning, the building was running on the backup generators but around lunchtime, the power supply was completely cut off as we have overworked the backup generators.

So.... there we were... without any electricity, water, network and telephone services... erm... how can you possibly run a business without all these essential supplies??? At one point, we were all sitting around staring at each other as the battery from our laptops went off one by one!!

In the end, we all decided to go down to the pub and (worked) there for the rest of the day... it was probably the best ever Monday for me! I usually hate Mondays but given that it was such an eventful day with the opportunity to work at the pub, it beats the Monday blues out of me! Hehehehe... :P

And the icing of the cake? We were all asked to work from home the next day while they try to fix the problem... I love working from home as it means that I get extra sleep time and I can work in my pyjamas the whole day :)


No comments: