Saturday 21 June 2008

Paled in comparison..

I thought I was not a bad cook... BUT... that was until I met my ex-colleague, Jennifer's boyfriend Kevin...

Now... I am ashamed to say that I can even cook!!!

Just look at what he whipped up when Jennifer invited me and another colleague over for dinner...

For starters... we had puff pastry topped with avocado wrapped smoked salmon and triple eggs (salmon roe, chicken eggs and quail eggs) with thin filo skin...



Then we had pan fried salmon with honey and white wine sauce as our first entree...




Our main was stew sirloin steaks in red wine and vegetables stock... after cooking the stew for 3 hours, the beef was so tender that it melts into your mouth!!




And even for desserts, we had two different entries!!! The first one was creme brulee... And oooh... he actually have one of those cook's fire to glaze the creme brulee... IMPRESSIVE!!!



The other dessert was an orange souffle with HOMEMADE orange ice-cream...



Please... let me introduce you to the chef, Kevin...



All I can say is that I'm sooooooooooo impressed that I now feel that my cooking skills are non-existant!!! I need to go and learn from the guru man... The most impressive home-cooked dinner that I ever had... even comparable to some of the Michelin starred restaurants!!!! WOW... I'm really bowled over and speechless...



5 comments:

stranger said...

wah, so nice!

eh u dun look fat la! :)

sh@n said...

You see... all the fat is around my tummy... that's why I have to wear loose t-shirts to hide it!! :(

Clare said...

WOW..i'm so impressed :)
and very jealous

Princezz T said...

WAHHHHHH is he like a cook or what?? Very professional lor.... and looks sooooo yummy......

sh@n said...

Well... no... he's an actuary!!! My ex-colleague tells me that he cooks like that all the time man... I tell him that he should just open a restaurant instead of becoming an actuary lor...