Saturday 2 June 2007

Snowdonia + Cardiff Roadtrip Olympcis Challenge

A week before our roadtrip, Kar Teck had self-appointed himself as our trip's games IC and came up with the idea of organising an Olympics Challenge throughout the trip. Everyone would have to participate in 13 events and for each events, the winner will receive 5 points, runner-up 3 points and 3rd and 4th placing, 2 and 1 points each. The points would then be accumulated from competing in the 13 events played throughout the trip. And the final Gold, Silver and Bronze medallist of the Olympics will be the 3 participants with the highest accumulated points.


I really have to give it to him to think of such a game to make our trip more interesting! It's quite funny how everyone gave more emphasis on the Olympics Challenge than the actual trip itself!! I mean there were times when everyone was like "Er... let's not go a particular place so that we can go back to the hostel to continue our Olympics Challenge.." Why did we have to go to Wales if we just wanted to play games??????

Hahaha... but I must admit that it was actually fun and it made the long drive less boring as we could play games as we go along. AND, in this trip I've found out that there are so many variation of games that you can make up using scissors paper stone and poker cards!!!

Anyway.... (drum roll!!) the results of the Olympics is as below:
Hope you can read the results... that's the best I could do with the Excel spreadsheet.. yes, we're all geeks (or rather me... as I designed the spreadsheet... ) who use Excel to determine the winner... (mind you, the League Table changes automatically as you enter points in the individual games!!! :P)

First winner of the Games... Bin Bin at Scissors, Paper Stone!!

Chong, the winner of 5-10 (the "chai mui" drinking game you play especially in Hong Kong..)


The joint champions in Big 2 Dai Di... Can't believe I got kicked out of the qualifying round... grrrrr....

Nav... the individual bridge champion... (I lost to him in the qualifying round!! but at least I lost to the eventual champion!)

Yes, yes... finally me on the champion podium... I'm the winner for Black Jack... hehehehehe....

Winner of In-Between... And Chong insisted that he'll take his winning picture In-Between two girls... hahahaha

Chong again... winning at Chi Ko Ba... er... don't ask me what game this is... I've just learnt it in this trip... it's basically a variation of the scissors paper stone game...

Er... I forgot to take my winning picture for Blood Kings... so this is a random picture at the trip... it's the ultimate combination of all drinking games including fuzzy duck, Indian poker and 7up.... hahaha... me the drinking games champion... which tells you a lot about my drinking habit???? Shhhsssshhh....

Finally, Drake winning a game... he self-declared himself as the favourite for every game... especially all those Hong Kong games like 5-10, Big 2 Dai Di etc. The game that he won is Chi Chi Cha... supposingly EVERY single person in Hong Kong knows how to play it... you can even stop anyone on the road to play with them wor... let's see.. I'll try that out in July when I go to Hong Kong!!!

Nav again... winning at coin soccer... I suck real bad at this game... my aiming is super lousy!!

Oooooh... finally Kar Teck... the organiser of the Games winning a game (the first and the last!! hahahaha) He won the card game called 99 which I was the first casualty!!

The two gay partners winning at group bridge...


And unsurprisingly..... Naveen won at poker AGAIN!!! It's really disgusting!!! He wins at poker all the time during our Friday night poker games... By now, he has already hit the £100 mark (i.e. all of us has lost a combined of £100 to him!!!) bleh.... And I can't take him on 1-1 because I always lose to him!!!

Finally.... The overall Gold medallist for the game..... CHONG! Considering the number of individual games that he won throughout the trip... he is a well-derserving champion!! Congratulations Chong!

And Carrie... winner of the Olympian of the games for her good sports(wo)manship!


And the final group picture conclude our Snowdonia + Cardiff Roadtrip Olympics Challenge!





No comments: