Wednesday 2 January 2008

My first football match in the UK

Yes, I know that I've been living in the UK for the past five years... but I've never ever watched a football match before! In my five years here, I've even passed up free tickets at the Chelsea stadium... UNTIL NOW...

I actually paid to watch Chelsea vs Fulham on New Year's Day! Surprise surprise...

I'm not a big football fan... and I don't even know much about football apart from the basic rules... it took 3 guy friends to explain to me what offside means in the past... and the only time when I actually made the efforts to watch football at the pub were during the World Cup season and the occasional Championship League finals...

But, to my own amazement... I actually enjoyed the game (at least in the first half!)... watching it in person made a difference to the whole atmosphere and it's a lot more fun to cheer with everyone in the crowd...

I wouldn't say that I'm a converted football fan... but perhaps, I will watch a few more matches in the future... especially if all the goals in the match are scored on my side of the field! hehehehe... :P


No comments: