Saturday 26 January 2008

Wisdom

Just realised that I FINALLY have a wisdom tooth coming out on the top right...

"...Wisdom teeth are third molars that usually appear between the ages of 16 and 24. Most people have four wisdom teeth, but it is possible to have more or fewer..."

Gosh... my first wisdom tooth... way past the age range of 16 to 24... which means that all these while... I have been suffering from hypodontia!!

"...In dentistry, hypodontia is the condition of naturally having fewer than the regular number of teeth. Hypodontia explains a situation when there is a missing number of 6 teeth or less. Hypodontia is often familial, or associated with ectodermal dysplasia or Down syndrome..."

What??? ectodermal dysplasia?? Down syndrome??

Sob sob sob... I'm deformed and mentally challenged....

No wonder I don't have any wisdom and have the tendency to make all the wrong choices in life... sigh...

Will I ever have wisdom? With my ONE tiny wisdom tooth?

Or will it just bring me pain and trips to the dentist to get it removed?

4 comments:

stranger said...

why ain't i wiser then, since mine grew last year or so???

don't think i have all 4 though. :(

Anonymous said...

i've had all of mine since 14-15 and trust me, still no wiser.

sh@n said...

So... why are they called wisdom teeth if they don't make you wiser?? Enlighten me...

stranger said...

it's a myth. haha.

because ppl usually get it when they're older. ;)