Thursday 4 December 2008

Impossible

It is really proving to be impossible to find a nice flat within 5 minutes walking distance of the Canada Water tube station that is affordable to people who don't earn a 6 figure salary man!

Since I have been having problems with my water boiler and my landlord can't seem to fix it, I thought I'll find a new flat when my lease ends at the end of this month... I have been viewing numerous flats and all there are out there... are flats which are old, tired and without a good kitchen and shower... and the good ones... they get snapped up so quickly and at an exorbitant price...

I saw this ad on the rightmove website which was added a week ago for a flat at Water Gardens... and by the time I called, the agent told me that it was already taken and the asking price was a whopping £310 a week! Hmmmm...

And then, I went and view this flat at Pump House which I really like... I put in an offer for £270 a week, and I have been told by the agent that the landlord received another offer for £280 a week... so obviously the landlord didn't accept my offer...

I mean... everyone tell me that the house prices are falling and rent prices will follow suit... it's a tenant's market now and landlords are desperate to rent out their flats... why am I not seeing this???

Aaaarrrggggghhhhhh...

This is just proving to be impossible... do I need to move out of Canada Water?? Sigh...



No comments: