Monday 20 August 2007

Judgements

I can make judgemental decisions at work and even defend them to my manager.

But when it comes to judging another person, I failed miserably.

It seems that I'm always trying to give others the benefit of doubt and perhaps deep down inside me, I want to believe that everyone that I meet have noble intentions.

Maybe in a ideal world that would happen. But in real life, I meet many people who have hidden agendas, one way or another. And it disappoint me to find that they are not whom I thought they were.

I am no saint nor angelic, but I strive to be a good person. I really do try. I've done things that I'm not so proud of, but does that mean that I can't expect others to be a nice person?

I guess perfectionism only exists in the ideal world. After all, even the most basic finance or economics theories only hold in theory. In the real world, even the most advanced model breaks down and investors act irrationally.

So, maybe it is only appropriate to expect that people are not perfect and they end up being evil, cruel or have ill intentions.

1 comment:

Clare said...

gal! i'll always be true to you :)
mwahhhhh

if u need to talk
let me know la :)
miss you

counting down to UK :)