Tuesday 14 August 2007

Oriental City

Can't remember how it came about, but somehow, after much confusion, we ended up at Oriental City at Collindale up north. I remember Auntie Lai Keon driving me there some time ago and I have vague recollections of the large food court and Asian supermarket there...

But somehow, when we arrive things look a lot smaller than I remember it to be. Could it be that I've grown bigger, such that everything else looks smaller?? Or it may just be my dusty old memory playing tricks on me... age is catching up and I become more senile perhaps...

The "big" food court that turns out to be tiny...


But nevertheless, we had a good time feasting on the good food... Look at the happy and contented faces with all the food in front of them... that's what I call life enjoyment...


Particularly good was the roti canai! The guy comes from Ipoh and sigh... the food from this stall taste so yummy... he sells murtabak, maggi mee goreng, teh tarik etc. on top of roti canai... gosh, I miss mamak so much!!! So so so so much that I bought home a huge portion of mutton curry for my next day's dinner... And since we have the same kampung, he gave me some free papadoms... hehehe... :P


And oh ya, I also bought a proper hot pot from the Asian supermarket. Steamboat anyone?

2 comments:

stranger said...

wth, you're not from ipoh also. cheated his papadom wei. :P

sh@n said...

what... same kampung means malaysia lar... where got cheat?? plus mimi from ipoh also what... :P