Friday 28 December 2007

Boxing Day Sale

We originally planned to go shopping at 8.30am to beat the crowd to the Boxing Day sale... BUT, after staying up till 4am in the morning the night before... it was like Mission Impossible. We ended up only leaving for town at 9.30am and arrived past 10am at Bond Street...

Naturally, the crowd beat us to it... there were throngs of people and massive queues already... our dedication to shopping meant that we skipped breakfast and head to our first store - Zara.


It was really bad. After 20 minutes of waiting in the queue for the cashier (in which I've only inched a couple of steps for the whole duration!), I gave up and left the store empty handed.



My next target shop was River Island but with the queues snaking out to the pavement, I gave up even before browsing the sales items.

But... when Jane Norman had a one day special on Boxing Day with everything in the store on 50% discount, I couldn't resist. I absolutely love Jane Norman dresses and it would be an absolute bargain to get them at half price! Even though I ended up queuing for about 45 minutes to get those dresses, there were worth it... and with that I started the shopping spree...



Bin Bin, Clare and me posing in the middle of Regent Street during our intermission!



The shopping queen... retail therapy always works! We shopped all the way from Bond Street to Oxford Circus to Regent Street to Piccadilly Circus...

The guys met us for lunch as they couldn't be bothered with the sale... and after lunch we went for... MORE SHOPPING... hahahaha... what can I say... it's the great Boxing Day Sale... and we moved on to Covent Garden...

Just look at the mountain of shopping bags that we had! I guess you could call it a fruitful day... I went home with 3 dresses, a winter coat, 2 cardigans, 2 tops, a pair of boots, 15 pairs of stockings (er.. I can't help it... they have 3 for 2 promotion and each box comes with 5 pairs!), lingerie, at least 3 months supply of Body Shop goodies... AND of course, a dent in my savings...

I'M ABSOLUTELY A SHOPAHOLIC! (and not ashamed to admit it...) :P

No comments: