Monday 10 December 2007

Fine Dining

One of the perks of being a consultant is that you work on many different projects in a year. And at the end of each project, there will be a project meal.

Through these meals, I was introduced to the concept of fine dining. And I absolutely love it! It brings a whole new meaning to the dining experience because not only you get the freshest ingredients and inspirational ways of cooking them, you also get the presentation, the ambience and the service. (And I mean proper service - your own private dining room with butler-like waiters/waitress serving you and attending to your needs throughout a 10-course tasting menu for example!)



Some examples of what I've been treated to - bite size tapas and cocktails at the famed Library Bar (which is supposedly one of Britain's legendary private clubs with it's world-renowned collection of vintage cognacs) and dinner at the internationally acclaim Conservatory at the Lanesborough hotel with its succulent hunks of Scotch beef.



Then there's also the private champagne reception and dining at the new Andaz Hotel at Liverpool Street (formerly called the Great Eastern Hotel!). Everything from the fresh scallops to the steak to the white chocolate dessert were excellent.

There are other places which are too posh for me to take any pictures!! (Paiseh to start snapping pictures in front of my partner... hehehe...) And that includes the 10-course tasting menu at the Savoy hotel, this posh French restaurant at Notting Hill, a 3-course lunch by Tower Hill, scallops and champagne reception at Tower 42 in the City, black tie reception at the Gherkin, just to mention a few.

My Associate Director has given me the task to choose the restaurant for a project that just ended. Too bad it's too short notice, otherwise, I'll definitely go for Gordon Ramsay's at the Claridges!

Sigh... I could really get used to this kind of lifestyle...




No comments: